Member Contributed Image :
Whether you came using CrystalCoastWoodworkers.com or Carolina-Woodworkers.com, the good news is you're HERE!
Associate Links/Search

Author Topic: Shop Crawl(s)  (Read 586 times)

Offline steinwoodworks

Shop Crawl(s)
« on: February 24, 2020, 01:32:14 AM »
Another site I belong to, which spans more than the Crystal Coast area of the state, often sets up shop crawls.  Unfortunately, most/all of them are in Raleigh, much too far to make it worthwhile for me, or others in this area, to attend.  However, the idea seems like a fun Saturday afternoon, and I would love to setup something similar here on the coast... 

That said, the premise of the shop crawl, in my mind... Get a few people who want to show their shops off and maybe have a cold beverage and/or snack available, get another group of folks who want to come see the shop, BS about woodworking, how the shop is setup, the machines, buy any junk the shop host may be wanting to get rid of or take the free offerings, etc.  After hitting a couple shops, gather as a small group for a refreshment/lunch/dinner/appetizer somewhere and head home.

Anyone have interest in such a thing?  We can figure out the logistics later, just gauging interested at this time.

Offline drewactual

• Administrator
  • total expert w/this thing; total novice with wood.
Re: Shop Crawl(s)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 05:21:19 AM »
i'm all for it!!! my 'shop' is..... functional so long as the function is limited... heheheheee

point being: it would be good to see how others 'do it' as well as hear their mistakes along the way--- so, i uh, don't do 'em too...

Offline Willie

Re: Shop Crawl(s)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:49:42 PM »
I'm interested. It will take me a couple of month's before mines ready. But I don't mind showing it as a work in progress.
Willie