Member Contributed Image :
Whether you came using CrystalCoastWoodworkers.com or Carolina-Woodworkers.com, the good news is you're HERE!
Associate Links/Search
Share this topic!!! Share

Author Topic: Welcome Fella's- a few things to know:  (Read 236 times)

Offline drewactual

• Administrator
  • total expert w/this thing; total novice with wood.
Welcome Fella's- a few things to know:
« on: February 07, 2020, 09:14:43 PM »
I hope this works out for us as a portal to share. 

If you've any questions on function, don't hesitate to ask- that is the primary purpose of this thread!

there will be a learning curve for some, not so much for others, but i chose this engine as i think it's the easiest and most secure to work with. 

and.... it's ours.  We can run it as we see fit and without corporate interests.  in the world of online presence, that's a pretty big deal.

also: collect up pictures and post them!!! it could be of projects present or past, or your workshop, or even of the group (if there are any).  the image you see on the home page (up top) is random, and right now there are only five images in that section- I'd like to personalize the page with pictures from our own members, so... if you want to play along, simply post them here and i'll collect them for that purpose!

thanks-
Drew

Offline cllewellyn

Re: Welcome Fella's- a few things to know:
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 08:49:53 AM »
Thanks Drew,  This looks great!  Looking forward to participating in it.  Best Charles (currently in Ghana! :)

Offline Willie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 07:35:34 PM »
Thanks for doing this. I have a hard time keeping up on Facebook.

Willie

Offline drewactual

• Administrator
  • total expert w/this thing; total novice with wood.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 09:59:41 PM »
isn't a big deal to do it... I just hope folks find it of value. 

and facebook... man, that is a mess.. not the Crystal Coast Woodworkers page, but facebook in general.  Ever notice how it takes like a minute to fully load?  Ever wonder what it's doing while it takes all that time?

it's collecting data about you, your friends, where you've been... et al.   Yeah, i use it too, but facebook is a nightmare for your informational security.

end rant.... :) heheehheeee